Erlang Micro Edition.

Alex Arnon alex.arnon@REDACTED
Wed Jun 29 13:38:43 CEST 2005

Okay, maybe Not-So-Micro Edition, if ME == mote-sized :)
I'm not talking about Erlang-in-64K, but rather devices with X MB,
where 4<X<32. I'm speaking of projects which should be rebuilt or
extened using Erlang, which cannot fit a >3MB VM (before code loading,
after linkage with local libs). I claim (humbly, of course :) ) that
project managers and team leaders for many products will never even
_try_ Erlang due to either practical concerns (space, portability) or
percieved risk. Give them "we can handle the overhead" and "hey, I
just embedded this after changing just two #includes" (a-la Lua).