inets crashing in R10B-6

UAB L/K Peter Andersson peppe@REDACTED
Mon Jun 27 09:38:39 CEST 2005

Hi Serge,

Yes, we've made some updates in both kernel and inets with regards to
IPv6 handling. We had a resolver problem that could cause inets to
believe IPv6 was working properly when, in fact, there was no support
for IPv6 on the host.

The behaviour you get when starting inets looks bad. inets is supposed
to be able to fall back to IPv4 if IPv6 is not working properly. For
some reason, the fix we made seems to rather have introduced the problem
on your system. Weird. We'll have to look into this promptly!

What OS are you using?

Best regards,
Peppe

Erlang/OTP, Ericsson AB