emfile error.

luvish satija luvishsatija@REDACTED
Thu Jun 23 09:48:40 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I'm running an erlang server which accepts tcp
connections from clients and in turn spawns a new
process for every new connection to handle it.

To test its capability, I run a Client process which
can spawn any number of baby-clients. So i choose
10000. Now the problem is that after nearabout 1020
clients, I start getting the "emfile" error and this
occurs on both sides i.e. client and server side.

Previously I was getting "enfile" error which I fixed
by setting ERL_MAX_PORTS to 10000. I expected that
this should solve the problem, but it went futile.

I am a newbie to erlang, so I'm not able to figure out
if i'm doing any silly mistake. Any kind of relevant
guidance would really help me.

Thanks in advance,

Luvish Satija