http client pipeline

Ingela Anderton ingela@REDACTED
Wed Jun 15 09:26:42 CEST 2005

Wilson Tam wrote:

> I recently updated the inets from 4.0.1 to 4.4. The http client's
> request pipeline function seems not working. I may miss some setting.
> Can anyone help?
[...]
> How can I make it to do pipeline as in 4.0.1?Can anyone help?

Change the function is_keep_alive_connection/2 in httc_handler.erl
to look like this:

is_keep_alive_connection(Headers, Session) ->
    (not ((Session#tcp_session.client_close) or
	  httpc_response:is_server_closing(Headers))).

In inets 4.0.1 the pipelining mechanism was a bit to optimistic
alas in the process of making it more realistic it became broken!
Hence some enchantments of the test suite will be needed as this
little bug was missed.

--
/m.v.h Ingela - OTP team