R10B3 crashes after >1014 tcp connections + Yaws

joel reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Mon Jun 13 10:25:16 CEST 2005

I took a quick look at the source code and there are quite a few
places where FD_SETSIZE is hardcoded. So the number of open files
fixed at 1024 on my Mac OSX 10.3.9. I could certainly edit the system
header files and increase the limit to  a more suitable number but...
I cannot ask my customer to do this and rebuild Erlang. At least I
can't always ask them to.

Overall, 1024 file descriptors per Erlang node is WAY too low.

    Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/tech