String processing - regex

Vlad Dumitrescu XX (LN/EAB) vlad.xx.dumitrescu@REDACTED
Fri Jun 10 14:35:14 CEST 2005

Hi,

-----Original Message-----
From: Casper

>Also I tried with Cellicium's gregexp module.

Regexps wil only work if you can't have any of (),: in your args. Since I guess some of the args may be strings, it's not a realistic requirement.

You have to use a parser, either as Corrado suggested, or if the content is Erlang code by using erl_scan and erl_parse.

Since the code might also contain <> delimiters, you also have to extract it properly from the environment. This requires another parser :-) but a relatively simple one (just to recognize delimiters embedded in strings, character literals and escaped).

regards,
Vlad