exit in fun running via timer:apply_interval/4

Reto Kramer kramer@REDACTED
Wed Jun 8 01:31:59 CEST 2005

Thanks Mark and Bengt!

I've settled on casting a message to a gen_server triggered by a timer
on a regular basis.

That way the code in the apply_interval is trivial and I simply don't
worry about it breaking. Should the processing of the message that the
timer casts break then gen_server will crash and the exit from that
activity will infect the rest of the system as desired.

- Reto