Redundancy, gen_leader and network splits

Thomas Arts thomas.arts@REDACTED
Fri Jun 3 18:03:24 CEST 2005

The guys in Göteborg came up with a complete new algorithm, of which
a beta version was only released to Sean so far...
We are writing up a paper about it for the Erlang workshop at the moment.
I guess Hans Svensson (the brain behind all this) will post the new
version soon after we finished the paper. We have very extensively
tested that version, with two new testing technologies. "Testing can
only reveal errors, not the absense of it" (Dijkstra), hence we cannot
be 100% sure. However, there are few products on the market
tested that well.

/Thomas