Size of function and memory management

Bjorn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Mon Jan 31 10:59:06 CET 2005

I would say that large functions have more impact on readability
than memory consumption.

Mickael Remond <mickael.remond@REDACTED> writes:
[...]

> How does the garbage collector react to that ?
> Is the end a execution of a function a way to trigger some memory
> house keeping that would not be triggered otherwise ?

No. Not in current Beam versions (R7B and later).

Variables that will no longer be used in a function will be
reclaimed when the next garbage collection occurs. Older versions
of Beam (and Jam) would retain dead values until the end of the
function.

/Björn