[newbie] accept()-ing process under supervision (was:Erlangish way of Iterator pattern)

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Jan 27 10:59:15 CET 2005

(Note: Joe wrote UBF. I don't speak for Joe.
These are my thoughts.)

I think the state of UBF is that it needs some rethinking
in order to get further, but what is there is already
very good.

I have a ubf application that has been slightly
modified to fit better into the OTP framework
(it's easier to configure, and uses supervisors etc.
as you would expect. It also contains a small program
that generates record definitions from a UBF spec
(for all types that look like tagged tuples.)

I've been using it with the 'builder' contrib (see Jungerl)

I've been meaning to put it up on SourceForge for
a year or so, but never got around to it.

Example of a sys.config file where ubf_server is
parameterized:

[{cath,[]},
 {mnesia,[{dir,"/home/etxuwig/work/temp/cathroot/mnesia"}]},
 {ubf_server,[{services,[{8800,
                          [{"file_server",file_plugin,[]},
                           {"irc_server",irc_plugin,[]},
                           {"test_server",test_plugin,[]},
                           {"cath_server",
                            'cath.server.ubf_plugin',
                            administrator}]},
                         {8888,
                          [{"cath_server",'cath.server.ubf_plugin',viewer}]}]}]}
].

The compressed tar file is 116 KB, so I thought I'd refrain from
posting it on the list. If anyone wants a (completely unsupported)
copy, please contact me.

/Uffe