Anyone looked at a uClinux VM for erlang?

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Thu Jan 27 08:10:33 CET 2005

I don't know of anyone who has gotten linux to run on uClinux, but
the lack of an MMU isn't a show-stopper: Erlang runs on VxWorks, and
that's MMU-less too. At least it was five years ago, and Erlang ran on
it then. It's probably quite a bit of work to get it all to compile.

I couldn't figure out from the referenced article whether the SoC had
DRAM on chip or externally. There's a link to a GDB session which
shows a system with just 4M of DRAM. Erlang needs way more than
that. 16 or 32M would be much better. But maybe the DRAM is external
and you can connect much more.

Matt