Supervisor hierarchy question

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Fri Jan 21 15:33:32 CET 2005

Torbjorn Tornkvist wrote:
> Yes, Nortel's SSL-VPN products is using Mnesia in all its glory.

Regarding Mnesia, I have a question to all of you that are also using it
in production. What do you use for backuping Mnesia ? What function do
you call ?
 From our experience, the Mnesia backup function can eat a lot of
memory. This is for sure related to the distributed feature and the fact
that a stable checkpoint must be generated.

But you need a lot of RAM to do such operation. This is the same for
table structure updates. On some hardware, it could be difficult to keep
several hundreds of Mo in RAM just to be safe with backups. Could this
be related to the number of waiting messages queued before Mnesia ?

So, I wanted to have your feedback on how you handle those
administration Mnesia process ?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

--
Mickaël Rémond