Erlang installation problem

Raimo Niskanen raimo@REDACTED
Thu Jan 20 08:42:10 CET 2005

Sorry, I gave fuzzy instructions. "conftest.c" does not exist - it is
created by "configure" while it runs. To mimic what configure does;
create a file "conftest.c" containing:
--------------------------------------after-this-line
#line 3741 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <stdio.h>
main()
{
  FILE *f=fopen("conftestval", "w");
  if (!f) exit(1);
  fprintf(f, "%d\n", sizeof(short));
  exit(0);
}
--------------------------------------before-this-line
and then compile and link it using the same command as "configure":

gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/aims_home/sailajar/erlang/otp_src_R9C-2/erts/sparc-sun-solaris2.8 conftest.c -lncurses -lresolv -ldl -lm  -lsocket -lnsl

That "erts/sparc-sun-solaris2.8" does not exist is strange, because
it should be created by "configure". Try creating it yourself if
necessary, otherwise try the "gcc" command above without the
"-I/aims_home/sailajar/erlang/otp_src_R9C-2/erts/sparc-sun-solaris2.8"
switch. I do not think it is important at this point for "configure".

The compilation of "conftest.c" should produce an executable named
"conftest". Try to run "conftest" - it should write a file named
"conftestval" that contains "2" or whatever the size of short
is on your machine.

Now we'll see where this procedure fails...