mail to erlang mailing list

aruna.jambunathan@REDACTED aruna.jambunathan@REDACTED
Wed Jan 19 09:06:05 CET 2005

Hi,

I am trying to install Erlang R9C-2 onto a system whose specifications
are:

SunOS 5.8 Generic_108528-29 sun4u sparc SUNW, Ultra-2.

The following error is encountered:

checking size of short... 0

checking size of int... 0

checking size of long... 0

checking size of void *... 0

checking size of long long... 0

checking size of size_t... 0

checking size of off_t... 0

checking int/long/void*/size_t sizes... failed

configure: error: Cannot handle this combination of
int/long/void*/size_t sizes

configure: error:
/aims_home/sailajar/erlang/otp_src_R9C-2/erts/configure failed for erts

After seeing this error, I tried make command but encountered the
following error:

make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 114: Unexpected end of line
seen

Due to this I am unable to install erlang. The earlier version of Erlang
on the same system is :

"Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.1[source]

Eshell V5.1"

Kindly let me know the Erlang version compatibility with the above
system. A quick response will be highly helpful as I am unable to
proceed due to this problem.

Regards,

Aruna

Confidentiality Notice