Budget Erlnag/OTP hardware

Joe Armstrong (AL/EAB) joe.armstrong@REDACTED
Tue Jan 18 08:59:59 CET 2005

1) Your CPU requirements are minimal (by today's standards)
   Unless you're doing something ridiculous
   this should happily run on my old celeron 350 MHZ with 256 Meg of Memory
   You might be able to run with 128Meg of memory or less, but this will
    degrade performance a lot

2) Linux or FreeBSD (this is just a guess - I haven't actually measured anything here
- Linux boxes can happily run for months without a reboot, or hiccup. But all windows
system I've ever used seem to occasionally freeze and need rebooting frequently
(for example my work windows machine needs to be re-booted once a week or so,
why, nobody knows)

   Cheers

/Joe