Xmerl performance

Alexey Shchepin alexey@REDACTED
Fri Jan 14 17:56:40 CET 2005

Hello, Sean!

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:09:55 +0000, you said:

 SH> Hi, We used the expat binding which was written as part of the ejabberd
 SH> project. Thanks to Alexey Shchepin for writing it and making it available
 SH> (under the GPL).

 SH> We adapted the SAX type model of the ejabberd expat driver to create a DOM
 SH> with something like the following code. I can't quite recall which bits of
 SH> this were used but it might provide a guide.

This code uses pretty old verion of expat driver (AFAIR earlier than Oct 2003),
small update is required for version from ejabberd-0.7.5 (replace xmlstart,
xmlend, xmlcdata, and xmlerror with ?XML_*).  But i'd recommend to use version
from ejabberd cvs version, it includes interface for parsing entire element and
works faster.