fun opacity

Peter-Henry Mander erlang@REDACTED
Mon Jan 10 08:49:19 CET 2005

Hi Vance,

I think your answer lies within this thread.

http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200411/msg00105.html

Unless the fun is part of a module in a beam file on the remote node,
you can't call on it. The shell uses erl_eval which is available on all
nodes to achieve what appear like passing a fun to a remote node and
executing it there. Raimo Niskanen explains this far more competently
than I can here:

http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200411/msg00110.html

Pete.

--