need help debugging otp app

Sean Hinde sean.hinde@REDACTED
Fri Jan 7 16:40:19 CET 2005

Hi,

On 6 Jan 2005, at 17:10, Robert Raschke wrote:

>> {badarg,[{erlang,'++',[<<6 bytes>>," in
>> bootfile"]},{init,append,2},{init,concat,1},{init,get_var_value,2},{in
>> it,add_var,2},{init,fix_path,2},{init,make_path,4},{init,eval_script,7
>> },{init,do_boot,3}]}
>
> This looks like you're trying to concat a binary with a string, inside
> init:append/2?
> Is the init module your own? Then maybe there's another bug lurking in
> there.

Not quite - init is the built in module which starts up erlang. Source
code is in the kernel app.

It seems that that Erlang is failing in trying to execute this thing:

exit(list_to_atom(concat(["cannot expand \$", Var, " in bootfile"])))

It suggests that something in the path element of the boot file is not
correct.

There also appears to be a bug in the error handling for this case.

You're not doing anything strange like using a boot file created with
R10B in an R9 node or something strange? I had the impression there
were some changes in the format of the parameters provided to init
recently.

Good Luck

Sean