Mnesia and Memory question

Casper casper2000a@REDACTED
Mon Jan 3 08:31:48 CET 2005

Hi All,

Wish all of you a Happy and Tsunami Free New year!!!

I'm currently studying Erlang Mnesia database. Could any of you please
advice me regarding below questions?

1. When I created disc_copies table, the full table resides in the memory as
well. Due to this, if I load about millions of records, the memory
utilization is far too great (few Giga bytes). For a HLR, SMSC kind of
system, is this a good practice?

2. Is there anyway to limit the usage of memory and let the rest keep in the
Disk? For example the latest loaded pages worth 600MB in memory only.

3. For the above (1) kind of application, is Mnesia good? Any advice you can
give to make it efficient?

4. To maintain CDRs, can I use disc_only tables of Mnedia?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Eranga