Mnesia with a dynamic nodes network

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Fri Feb 11 16:27:35 CET 2005

Look into the extra_db_nodes environment variable.
Using this, you can have a few permanent nodes and
let other nodes come and go as 'diskless nodes'
(they will create a ram copy of the schema from the
master nodes.) You can use the function add_table_copy()
to add replicas even on the 'diskless' nodes.

The simple way to do it is that e.g. two nodes are
permanent, and all other nodes are started with
the following in their sys.config:

 {mnesia, [{extra_db_nodes, [NodeA, NodeB]}]}

Then, the dynamic nodes will contact the permanent
nodes and get the schema.

/Uffe