Concatenating atoms

Valentin Micic valentin@REDACTED
Thu Feb 3 08:17:00 CET 2005

> Violates it in what way?
>
> Modules (after loading) share pointers into
> hash tables Which is *evil*

Well, they also share BIF's and the run-time.. where does isolation stop?
One-process-one-run-time? OTOH & IMHO GC might be far more dificult to
implement.  As much as I've never explored erts source, somehow I assumed
that module as well as function names are part of the same atom
name-space... What are we going to gain by introducing GC for atoms?  I've
run out of the atom table space once. It was by mistake, of course. I don't
think I'll run out ever again -- seems much easier to use my brain instead.

V.