how to use send_notification

Dietmar Schaefer dietmar@REDACTED
Tue Feb 1 09:30:21 CET 2005

Hi !

Actually I am trying to send a trap (SNMPv1 ) but
    NOTE ! this function is only for ... Use send_notification instead
.. -> ok.

But  how to use send_notification ?

My questions:

   send_notification(Agent,Notification,Receiver)

     Agent is the PID of my agent in the call to snmp:start().

    Notification is something I choose for example 'shutdown'

    Receiver  what is that supposed to be ?

I need to send a trap/notification the Network Management Station in out
LAN
on which a commercial and expensive software is willing the receive the
trap/notification)

Any hint ?

Regards

Dietmar