Atomic ets

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Wed Dec 21 08:13:57 CET 2005

Den 2005-12-20 22:14:44 skrev Robert Virding <robert.virding@REDACTED>:

> Sets and dict both use the same algorithm internally as ets. It is a
> truly wonderful algorithm that I found but did not invent, though I wish
> that I had. Both have relatively constant access times up to about
> 2-3000 elements and then they degrade gracefully. Or at least they
> should.

Yes. This should be described in the manual.

I think that rather than writing that the representation
is undefined (which, I think, is probably always incorrect),
one could write that the representation is an internal
implementation detail, and as such, subject to change.

> I personally thing that the dict interface is better and
> more consistent than ets, but as I wrote it that is not
> surprising.

I agree. I use dict a lot.

/Uffe
--