Atomic ets

Bjorn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Tue Dec 20 14:06:43 CET 2005

"Ulf Wiger \(AL/EAB\)" <ulf.wiger@REDACTED> writes:

> In both "shared heap erlang" and "hybrid heap erlang",
> (local) message passing is mostly done by reference
> rather than by value.

Talking about the hybrid heap erlang, I can mention that it is now
quite stable in the latest R10B releases and worth trying out.
Note, however, that garbage collection of the shared message area
is still a "stop-the-world" type of GC. The HiPE group is working
on an incremental GC for the message area, and it will probably be
included in R11B.

Use

        erl -hybrid

to start the hybrid heap emulator.

The shared heap emulator will be discontinued.

/Bjorn