Prolog interface and ASCII parsing

Rupert Meese Rupert.Meese@REDACTED
Tue Dec 20 11:25:48 CET 2005

Hi,

I am trying to create an interface between parts of my system in Erlang
and prolog.  However, I can not see a way of creating a communication
channel over which I can send from prolog an ACSII list to be parsed in
Erlang as an Erlang term.  That is, in Erlang I can use file:read() to
read a term, but only from a file, not a pipe.  I can create a link using
gen_tcp:*, open_port() etc. but receive binary objects or lists of bytes
that I can not see how parse as ASCII Erlang terms.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Rupert Meese