A bit out of date

Jani Launonen jabba@REDACTED
Wed Aug 31 22:22:45 CEST 2005

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Mark Lee wrote:

> Hello, very new to Erlang so please forgive the ignorance at this stage.
> I've been looking through some online examples of code and have seen
> things like ++ and ||
>
> Where might I find the documentation for these? I've got the Concurrent
> Programming in Erlang book which appears to be somewhat behind with
> respect to these language features (unless I've missed them).

With the book you can quickly get the basics, but it sure is bit out dated.
You can always find the latest documentation at
http://www.erlang.org/doc.html and especially from the link "Erlang/OTP
R10B documentation" (which at this time points to
http://erlang.se/doc/doc-5.4.8/doc/). There you can find "Erlang Reference
Manual" and "Programming Examples" which are very usefull when in doubt.

List comprehensions (||) are explained in
http://erlang.se/doc/doc-5.4.8/doc/reference_manual/expressions.html#6.22
and
http://erlang.se/doc/doc-5.4.8/doc/programming_examples/list_comprehensions.html#3

The list concatenation (++) is explained in
http://erlang.se/doc/doc-5.4.8/doc/reference_manual/expressions.html#6.15

Hopefully these will help you.

> Thankyou,
>
> Mark