erlmerge on Windows?

ke.han ke.han@REDACTED
Sat Aug 27 18:50:54 CEST 2005

Bengt Kleberg wrote:
> On 2005-08-25 09:09, tobbe wrote:
> ...deleted
>
>> When it comes to Windows, I guess there is some problems
>> to be solved:
>>
>> 1. How to do the initial install
>

> perhaps it is possible to switch from gnu autotools to something that is
> available for both unix and windows? (ie, erlang itself)

I develop on Windows and deploy on Linux.  So I wouldn't use erlmerge at
all if I didn't have access on both platforms.
I have done a brief review of the make and shell scripts.  I don't see
anything in there that couldn't be done as batch scripts for
Win2000/XP/2003.
I haven't looked into the erlang code itself.  But I assume this could
be dealt with as well.
The problem would simply be having two different install and script sets
to maintain.  If you guys are ok with that approach, I'll look into
writing the install and shell scripts for Windows during September.  If
you don't approve of this approach let me know so I don't waste my efforts.
thanks, ke han