(Prolog + LISP + Erlang) with integration issues versus C++

James Hague james.hague@REDACTED
Fri Aug 26 15:38:17 CEST 2005

More and more I'm finding that the best way to communicate between
applications written in different languages is NOT to call code
directly, but to use sockets.  Any good language implementation has a
socket interface, and Erlang works brilliantly with sockets.

Writing shared libraries (DLLs) that can be called directly from
Erlang...well, it's ugly and confusing.  I've done it several times,
and gotten it to work, but it's *so* low-level and full of odd rules
and gotchas.