driver_control and blocking process

Eric Merritt cyberlync@REDACTED
Tue Aug 23 09:27:57 CEST 2005

It's not blocking on a file descriptor, its a lib generating
application specific events. There is an alternate api that allows for
polling events. However, I would much rather simply wait for events to
be generated rather then polling for them. I think the best way to
solve this would be to do a pipe based driver, but pipe performance on
windows is so dismal that I don't think its really an option.