Overriding functionality

orbitz@REDACTED orbitz@REDACTED
Sat Aug 20 22:34:05 CEST 2005

I had a situation in a python project where for 99% of the uses of this
class, the programmed behavior was perfect.  But for a few situations
one of the member functions of that classes needed to use an alternate
object.  On top of that, we didn't even know it needed that until we
came across it with one of our clients broken interfaces.  To solve the
problem all I had to do was subclass the object and override that
function.  Is there any common erlang idiom for this? This being,
basically, inheritance I guess.  I'm not looking for an OO model
really, I don't think, but sometimes it does seem easier to simply
override functionality.  How is this situation even dealt with in a
language like erlang?

Thank you