Sharing virtual memory: several Mnesia nodes on the same machine

Chandrashekhar Mullaparthi chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Tue Aug 16 22:18:00 CEST 2005

On 16 Aug 2005, at 10:34, Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) wrote:

> No. The nodes run as separate Unix (or windows) processes,
> using no shared memory, communicating over TCP.
>
> The main reason for running several nodes on one machine
> has been to simulate a real network.

We run several mnesia nodes on one machine which are all part of the
same schema to minimise the effect of a partitioned network. One huge
database is split across two erlang nodes which are then replicated to
two other nodes on another machine. When we have a partitioned network,
we have one consistent copy of the database on one machine. This scheme
has worked quite well for us.

Chandru