Determining if process is alive on a different node

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Tue Aug 16 08:48:16 CEST 2005

Klacke is right, as this simple example shows:

%% on one node, register a process:

Eshell V5.4.7  (abort with ^G)
(n2@REDACTED)1> register(remote, self()).
true

%% on the other node, find the process, check that it's alive:

Eshell V5.4.7  (abort with ^G)
(n1@REDACTED)1> Pid = rpc:call(n2@REDACTED, erlang, whereis, [remote]).

<4950.44.0>
(n1@REDACTED)2> rpc:call(n2@REDACTED, erlang, is_process_alive, [Pid]).