Throw or return a tuple

Ingela Anderton ingela@REDACTED
Mon Aug 15 09:44:33 CEST 2005

orbitz@REDACTED wrote:
> What do people generally prefer? Are we moving towards more exceptions?
>   OTP seems to use exceptions for somethings and an error tuple for
> others.
The OTP applications might not always use the best practise way of new
erts features for backward compatibility reasons. Many OTP
applications are patched backwards onto old erts-releases without
having to maintain separate development branches for that application,
hence utilization of new erts features, however nice they might be,
are not always the obvious choice for all OTP-application.

--
/Ingela - OTP team