test_server understanding and hacking :)

Gaspar Chilingarov nm@REDACTED
Mon Aug 8 23:49:50 CEST 2005

Hi all :)

I'm making an attempt to strip down test_server just to several modules, still
leaving all cool functionality in place -- maily I do need any cross-node,
cross-platphors testing, one thing which I wish to have -- is a simple tool
for an unit testing -- like junit or even simplier.

I've stuck in the following place - test_server_line module provides very
useful functionality to know, which line of test failed. But I need someone to
explain me, what kind of magic is put there :) I need something like
test_server:get_loc(), but for now I'm failing to understand how it is related
to test_server_line at all, which kind of parse transform is done in
test_server_line and if tested process stores test_server_loc in process
dictionary, how do I get it's value, when process exits for some reason.

For my project for this moment I should say that complete test_server
environment is too heavyweight, but sometime I will switch to it -- when
project will be large enougth. For now it's OK to have simple tool, which can
just separate tests from source and provide me info -- which modules fail or
misbehave at which points.

Thanks in advance :)

--
Gaspar Chilingarov