mnesia: inserting a large number of records

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Mon Aug 1 20:11:21 CEST 2005

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 03:50:48PM +0200, Hakan Mattsson wrote:
}
}  Vance, did you try table locks? How much did you gain
}  with your solution?

I did not.  The first part of my solution was to seperate the
text file parsing out.  That takes twenty seconds itself.
I should have tried locking the table and then inserting the
preprocessed data to see if that would have given acceptable
performance.  Our needs took me in a different direction however.

For our use though we really wanted a facility to change the
whole table quickly and easily.  Each table is a complete related
set of data.  We swap out the table for a new version and if there
is a problem we swap it back.  We can maintain multiple versions
of the table in backup files and change between them at will.
Admittedly this is a different problem than Sebastian asked about.

	-Vance