Big state machines

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Sat Apr 23 00:16:52 CEST 2005

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 10:09:49PM +0200, Ulf Wiger wrote:
}
}  I think this is somewhat analogous to having a gen_fsm that
}  performs a gen_server:call() in one of its callbacks.

But is that desired functionality?  I'm thinking not.
On the other hand with my method you can have it that way if
you wish.

}  It's probably a good idea to always have the ?SYSTEM
}  and ?EXIT macros present, and writing it symmetrically
}  like you've done. Then, of course, one could discuss
}  whether they need to be two separate macros, but
}  OTOH that might serve to clarify what's happening.

My thinking was that instead of hiding the system messages I
wanted the coder to think about how these messages should be
handled.  It might be that you wanted to defer EXIT processing
briefly for instance but still handle system messages.

	-Vance