Possible bug & improvement suggestion concerning Erlang shell

Anders Ramsell anders@REDACTED
Thu Apr 21 22:29:47 CEST 2005

Bjorn Gustavsson wrote:
> Jani Launonen <jabba@REDACTED> writes:
>>Improvement suggestion:
>>Would it be worth adding a menu for graphical directory choosing
>>-component in werl.exe?
>> [snip]
>>
> Yes, it could be a worthwile addition, but don't hold your breath.
>
> When working with Erlang on Windows, I usually make a shortcut to werl.exe.
> In the shortcut properties, I change the initial working directory.

While we are on the subject of werl and paths I might add another
bug report. If you use File/Open Logfile in werl then the current
working directory will change to where you store the logfile.
Below I call pwd() twice starting the logging between calls.

--8<----------------------------------------------------
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.4.5 [threads:0]

Eshell V5.4.5  (abort with ^G)
1> pwd().
C:/Program/erl5.4.5
ok