[ingela@REDACTED: Re: http:request/4 headers]

Ingela Anderton ingela@REDACTED
Mon Apr 18 14:01:48 CEST 2005

Sean Hinde wrote:
[...]
> > From the RFC 2616: HTTP header fields, which include
> > general-header (section 4.5), request-header (section 5.3),
> > response-header (section 6.2), and entity-header (section 7.1) fields,
> > follow the same generic format as that given in Section 3.1 of RFC 822
> > [9]. Each header field consists of a name followed by a colon (":")
> > and the field value. Field names are case-insensitive.
> >                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Nevertheless many custom web servers are not compliant in this regard.
> For my part I would expect a useful client to pass through header
> values in the same format as the user requests.
I will put it on the wish list, which means I proably will get around
to adding such a feature in an foreseeable future. Even though I
conceptually think it is wrong, it could be a non default option for
practical reasons. Alas client applications are often forced to be
forgiving to server errors to survive.

--
/Ingela - OTP team