Erlang use in Italy

Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Training & Consulting) francesco@REDACTED
Sat Apr 9 14:23:03 CEST 2005

Based on the Erlang mailing list statistics from last September
(presented at the Erlang workshop in Italy), the numbers were not so
high. 1% of the subscribers (397 in total) had an Italian (.it) domain.
National domains consisted of about 50% of the addresses (.com, .net,
.org etc).

http://www.erlang-consulting.com/erlangworkshop04/ (Slide 7).

Now, if the University of Catania started teaching Erlang (hint hint :-)
), that would be another story.. Just see the University of Corunna
effect, where subscribers members are 3 times higher than Italy :-) :-)

But statistics are just part of the truth, as many companies operate in
stealth mode not wanting to disclose their best tools... For one of
these companies, we are looking for a candidate in Rome. We have managed
to fill one of the two positions, but one remains open. For more info,
see http://www.erlang-consulting.com/jobs_fs.html

Regards,
Francesco