Migration from Java?

Mikael Karlsson mikael.karlsson@REDACTED
Wed Sep 22 11:29:49 CEST 2004

Hi Tim,
this would be the Erlang applications I would investigate:
As front end -
Yaws : http://yaws.hyber.org/
for dynamic and static pages. It is a quite capable engine that has been
benchmarked for 80000 parallell sessions. See:
http://www.sics.se/~joe/apachevsyaws.html

For your XML/XSL support you could use xmerl:
http://sowap.sourceforge.net/

If you do not need to be XSL standards compliant xmerl has
native support for transforms in an XSL:ish fashion:
http://www.creado.com/xmerl_xs/index.html

otherwise you have a Sablotron adapter:
http://www.lfcia.org/projects/sablotron_adapter/

Database:
The standard Erlang/OTP distribution comes with an odbc application
as well as the Erlang native database Mnesia. See the database
folder under:
http://www.erlang.org/doc/r9c/doc/index.html

If you use http calls to the backend servers the http client in the inets
application (which is in Erlang/OTP) supports asynchromous calls.
The Yaws webserver also has a reverse proxy.

Now it is just to assemble the pieces  and start the application  :-)

Good luck!
Mikael