ex11, esdl

Eric Merritt cyberlync@REDACTED
Thu Sep 9 00:07:21 CEST 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:28:04 +0200 (CEST), Joe Armstrong <joe@REDACTED> wrote:

> Re: edsl ex11 etc.
>
> Just my 5 c.
>
>    1) I'm not sure  I've published my latest ex11 - it  has a *lot* of
> functionality which I'm  not sure can be bolted on  top of a different
> graphics engine.

 You are right. When last I looked at this (I recently moved and am
still getting things together, I will get back to it soon), the x11
stuff was pretty widespread through out the code. It becomes more a
matter of taking your ideas and rebuilding them on a different
backend.

[snip good stuff from joe.]

 two questions joe, or more specifically a question and a statement ;)

 You said that 3 widgets where required but you only named two of
them, whats the third?

  Why use sockets to communicate via low level and high level widgets?
Why not just use standard erlang constructs?

thanks,
eric

--
I'm a programmer, I don't have to spell correctly; I just have to
spell consistently