Matching elements of records

Jouni Rynö Jouni.Ryno@REDACTED
Thu Oct 28 07:44:00 CEST 2004

Those, who have had exposure to C, at some point, might get to a habit
of writing if-statements like this (against all the instincts)

if {0 == TestVariable} {
  foo
}

Once looking long enough for mistakes like this

if {TestVariable = 0} {
  foo
}

one learns to change the coding style. Others may know better and change
to Erlang.

If I remember correctly, a recent linux-kernel trojan was implemented
with such a misuse of the if-statement, just to hide from a casual
reader.

regards
	Jouni

P.S Does the left-right rule work on the arabic etc. right to left
written language areas?

--

  Jouni Rynö                            mailto://Jouni.Ryno@fmi.fi/
                                        http://www.geo.fmi.fi/~ryno/

  "It's just zeros and ones, it cannot be hard"