determining erts version

Gerd Flaig gerd@REDACTED
Wed Oct 20 15:11:35 CEST 2004

Hi,

is there a defined interface to obtain the ERTS version of a node?
Something in the spirit of

    1> erlang:erts_version().
    "5.4"

The only ways I can think of in the moment involve dissecting file
names. Before R10, there was OTP_ROOT/releases/start_erl.data which
contained the version number. OTP_ROOT can be obtained from
code:root_dir().

In the current Debian package of R10B (10.b.0-2), the runtime is
selected via a symlink from /usr/bin/erl:

% ls -l /usr/bin/erl
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 30 2004-10-12 13:11 /usr/bin/erl -> ../lib/erlang/erts-5.4/bin/erl*

I can take apart that link, but I can't be sure that the node was
actually started as /usr/bin/erl. Is there a better way? If not, an
erts-version-reporting BIF would be really nice.

     Goodbyte, Gerd.
--
Gerd Flaig                     Technik                gerd@REDACTED
Bei Schlund + Partner AG       Brauerstraße 48      D-76135 Karlsruhe