Erlang 10B on Gentoo: erl segfaults

Manfred Widera Manfred.Widera@REDACTED
Mon Oct 11 09:18:49 CEST 2004

Bruce Fitzsimons wrote:
> [...]
>
> But...I'm having some issues with it, on a Duron 1300 board under
> '2.4.27-gentoo-r1' with gcc 3.3.4.
>
> erl segfaults when run from the command line. The backtrace looks like
> it was...quite deep on the stack. Unfortunantely erlexec is stripped,
> so I can't garner much more at the moment.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?

I have not seen exactly your problem. However, I ran into several
problems with both R9C and R9C-2 on a SuSE Linux machine (E.g. segfaults
when starting the fprof profiler). I was able to solve the problem by
using gcc 3.4.2 for a new installation of Erlang. Maybe this can also
solve your problems.

Manfred
* Manfred Widera                           |                          *
* Fachbereich Informatik                   |  private:                *
* FernUniversität Hagen                    |  Haldener Straße 193     *
* D-58084 Hagen                            |  D-58095 Hagen           *
* Germany                                  |                          *
* Phone (+49)2331/987-4295                 |  Phone: (+49)2331/51646  *
* Fax: (+49)2331/987-4288                  |                          *
* E-Mail: Manfred.Widera@REDACTED  |                          *