Problem resolving IPv6 addresses in R10B-0

Fredrik Thulin ft@REDACTED
Fri Oct 8 10:06:20 CEST 2004

Hi

I realize that resolving IPv6 addresses is not yet documented and
supported (?) but I want to do it anyways ;)

With R9C-0 and R9C-2 this was easy :

 1> inet:getaddrs("incomingproxy.devel.sip.su.se", inet6).
 {ok,[{8193,1712,5,2439,528,56575,65066,24970}]}
 2>

but with R10B-0 (on the same machine, Linux RH 7.3 based) I just get :

 1> inet:getaddrs("incomingproxy.devel.sip.su.se", inet6).
 {error,nxdomain}
 2>

The same inet:getaddrs on R10B-0 on another machine (FreeBSD RELENG_4)
works perfectly though, so it must have something to do with my build
environment rather than R10B-0 itself.

I recompiled both R9C-2 and R10B-0 on the same Linux-machine and with
the same ./configure arguments (only --with-ssl=) yesterday to make
sure that it wasn't something that had changed in the build environment
since I compiled R9C-2, but still no go. ./configure says "checking for
IP version 6 support... yes" (although IPv6 socket support of course
has nothing to do with being able to do DNS AAAA querys).

Can someone point me at where this 'nxdomain' might be generated so that
I might be able to figure out why? When tcpdumping I don't see any DNS
query at all so quad-A resolving must somehow get disabled when I
compile R10B-0 on the Linux system.

/Fredrik