[OSS_ASN1] [ASN1] ASN.1 Parameterized Types... pls help

Casper casper2000a@REDACTED
Fri Oct 1 06:19:39 CEST 2004

Hi William,

Thanks for the advice.

This is for a R&D project. We plan to look at the feasibility of using
Erlang/OTP platform for development. Currently doing investigation on ASN.1
compiler on Erlang. I'm very new to ASN.1, so find it difficult to capture
some parts of the specification. The GSM/UMTS MAP ASN.1 spec is alright. But
I couldn't still figure out how to use TCAP ASN.1 spec can generate the TCAP
Begin, Continue, End, etc message encoding/decoding functions.

With help from some generous people out there, I could understand that I
will have to create the ASN.1 spec of mine or find a standard spec, which
will Instantiate the Parameterized Type specified in the TCAP. If you could
point me to a standard spec like that or give me a sample how I could write
something like that, would be very helpful. How to blend the MAP and TCAP
ASN.1 specs?

Thanks!

Eranga

  _____