abstract syntax in the repository?

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Thu Nov 25 16:08:12 CET 2004

james@REDACTED (James Hague) writes:

> I couldn't seem to get the right vim settings to match those used in
> the Erlang source, so a bit of manual reformatting will be necessary.

As a devout vim user myself I have thought often about how to
accomodate both religions.  The one method which seems like it
has potential is to store only the abstract syntax itself in the
source code repository.  When you check out a source module you
run it through syntax_tools to format it the way you want it.
I would want 132 columns with tab only indentation.  The rest
of you can have the standard emacs mode.

I figure it's either a fabulous idea or an unworkable one.

What do you think?

	-Vance