IPv6 incorrect setup (or resolver bug? or http client bug?)

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Mon Nov 1 13:17:08 CET 2004

 Matthias> Is 172.16.2.2 an ip6 address?

 Ingela> No, it is a ipv4 address.

I've read up a little on IP6 addressing since Friday. To satisfy my
curiosity, can someone tell me what

 inet:getaddr("172.16.2.2", inet6)

returns in R10B on a machine which supports IP6. (I'm expecting an
error, or ::172.16.2.2, or an encoded version of ::172.16.2.2).

Come to think of it, what does

 inet:getaddr("localhost", inet6)

return?

 > You can always work around the problem for now by changing
 > the call in  http_transport:connect/0 to inet:getaddr(Host, inet)

Thanks. Another workaround is to use a machine name instead of a
dotted quad.

Matt