Python on Symbian phone - and Erlang ?

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Fri May 21 13:50:27 CEST 2004

Hello,

Nokia has started pushing (a little I agree) Python on their Symbian
phones (http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Id=732&source=SIDEBARHOME)

Does someone here tried to compile Erlang for the Symbian OS ?
This could be interesting to know if it works "out of the box". If this is
the case we could promote the fact that this is working (on all Symbian
based phones and not only Nokia).

Why ?
We could converge on this topic with Joe Armstrong current work on Peer 2
Peer. Imagine being able to simply develop peer 2 peer phone apps (Phones
are largely distributed terminals and could serve as a basis for huge p2p
networks).

Just a hazy thought ...

--
Mickaël Rémond