Arrays vs tuples / lists

Carsten Schultz cschultz@REDACTED
Tue May 18 17:23:25 CEST 2004

                                       ^
                                      >=1

Sorry, I must have been half asleep :-)

I then modify my statement that I would be worried if
    [X|_] = List
was less efficient than
    X = head(List).

Indeed I would hope both to produce exactly the same code.

Greetings,

Carsten

--
Carsten Schultz (2:38, 33:47), FB Mathematik, FU Berlin
http://carsten.fu-mathe-team.de/